Introduction to RSS Tutorial: Putting Your RSS Feed on the Web
Putting Your RSS Feed on the Web
This section of the RSS Tutorial will explain how to put your RSS feed online, After you've created your feed, its time to put it on the web so others can subscribe to it. But before you do that, you need to validate the feed to be certain that it was done correctly. Here are the steps:
- Give your RSS feed a name. It can be anything as long as it ends in the extension .xml. For example, your feed could be named "anyfeed.xml". Your feed MUST have a .xml extension.
- Upload your feed to a web server
- Validate your feed. This means finding a good validator, submitting the URL for your RSS file, and making sure your feed is valid.
- Upload your finished RSS file to a web server.
- If you have a web page, put the little orange RSS or XML buttons on your web site. They should be linked to your RSS file. The code should look something like this:
- Submit your RSS feed to the RSS feed directories. The URL to your feed should be the path to your XML file on your web server. Once uploaded to a server, you can submit your feed to any number of RSS aggregation services.
- Register your feed with the major search engines.
How to Validate Your RSS File to Be Sure It is Written Correctly
One you have the full address of your RSS file you can use any number of validator tools to validate the code.
FeedValidator.org at http://feedvalidator.org
RSS Scripting at http://rss.scripting.com
Enter the full address to your RSS file that you uploaded to the server. The feed validator will examine the code in the rss file and will let you know if it’s okay or whether or not you need to correct something. If necessary, go back to your text editor and make any edits suggested by the feed validator, then upload the RSS file to the server again and check the validation until it’s correct.
Once your podcast RSS file has been validated, all you have to do is provide the address of your RSS file to anyone who wants to subscribe to your podcast. It’s that simple. If you want to advertise your podcast, you can list it in any number of directories that are available on the Internet so people know it’s there and can subscribe to it.
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!