Introduction to RSS Tutorial: Creating Your Own RSS Feed
Creating Your Own RSS Feed
This section of the RSS Tutorial will help you create your own RSS feed.
The easiest way to create an RSS feed file is to copy an existing feed and modify it. It's most easily done in a simple text editor like Notepad on a PC or Text Editor on a Mac. You can hand code the RSS file if you choose by following the conditions on the previous pages for Channel and Item tags.
Open a text editor on your computer e.g. Notepad on a PC. Highlight and copy the text in the box below and then paste it into your text editor. Replace the titles, descriptions, and link addresses with your own information and then save it as an RSS file with the .xml extension.
You can see the actual RSS feed here
Remember these important details about the tags in your xml file.
A few notes about the tags:
- Every tag is a pair that includes a beginning and an end tag. For example <Title></Title>.
- Tags are case sensitive so TITLE is not the same as title.
- Ending tags always have a backward slash ( “\” ).
- The information between the tags is called an element.
- Each podcast is included in its own item and you can include multiple items in one RSS file.
Once you have your feed created, it's time to validate it and then publish.
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!