Define Slide Rules for Visual Clarity in PowerPoint
This PowerPoint tutorial on Visual Clarity will show you how to set slide rules for how your slides look. These rules help you create a visually effective presentation, and anytime you violate these rules, the Office Assistant will let you know.
Visual Clarity helps you make your presentations easy for your audience to read and follow by setting slide rules for how slides should look and then setting alerts to warn you when your slides do not meet those rules. Most instructors who teach presentation skills recommend a few guidelines for maintaining visual clarity, such as minimum font size to use so they are large enough to be legible, and limiting the number of bullets or lines on a slide.
You can use PowerPoint's Visual Clarity rules to specify your own threshold for font size, the number of bullets per slide, and the number of line allowed per bullet. Once you have defined these Visual Clarity slide rules, the Visual Clarity checker uses the Office Assistant to remind you when they are not begin followed.
When the Office Assistant finds an issue on a slide, a subtle light bulb icon is placed on the slide. You can lick the light bulb icon to find our more about the issue and then act upon the suggestions that are presented. This PowerPoint tutorial will demonstrate how to accomplish this task.
||You can check to see if the Office Assistant has been installed and enabled on your computer by going into the Help Menu and clicking Show Office Assistant. If it has not been installed, you may need to install it from your original PowerPoint installation program.
Click on tools and then click Options.
The Options Dialog box appears. Click the Spelling and Style Tab and then click the Check style option. If you do not have the Office Assistant enabled, a dialog box will appear to prompt you to do so. Click Style Options.
The Style Options dialog box appears. Click the Visual Clarity tab. In the Fonts section, click the Visual Clarity options you want to enforce. Click the down arrows to specify the Visual Clarity settings you want for the items you checked in step 7. Click OK
Click OK in the Options dialog box. The Options dialog box closes.
The Office Assistant placed a light bulb icon on each page the violates the visual clarity rules you defined. Click each light bulb icon and the Office Assistant suggests ways to change the presentation. Next PowerPoint Tutorial
See also the Non-Linear PowerPoint Tutorial for a way to make a great user centered presentation.
PowerPoint Tutorials: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!