PowerPoint Slide Views
This PowerPoint Slide Views tutorial will demonstrate the ways of viewing slides in the PowerPoint program.
PowerPoint slide views that can be used when designing and editing your presentation.
In the lower left corner of the presentation window are the slide view buttons. Clicking on each will display your slides in a different way.
You can switch from one view to another by using the commands in the View Menu or by clicking the View Buttons in the lower left corner of the presentation window.
PowerPoint Slide Views: The Normal View
In Normal view, you can work with a presentation in three ways: as a text outline by clicking on the Outline Tab in the Outling/Slides Pane; as a set of miniature slides or thumbnails in the Slides View of the Outline/Slides Pane; or as a Slide in the Slide Pane. You can also work on notes in the Notes View.
PowerPoint Slide Views: Slide Sorter View
In Slide Sorter view, you can preview your entire presentation as thumbnails. It's very much like one would view photographic slides on a light board or sorter. You can easily rearrange slides and put them in any order by clicking and dragging the thumbnail to a new position.
If titles are hard to read in this view, you can hide the slide formatting by holding down the Alt Key and the mouse button.
You can see more of the slides in the Slide Sorter view by changing the Zoom Factor in the Zoom drop-down window.
PowerPoint Slide Views: Notes view
In Notes View, you can add speaker notes to each slide in the presentation. You can also add notes in the Notes Pane in Normal View, but if you want to add graphics, you must do that in the Notes View.
PowerPoint Slide Views: Slide Show View
The last button on the Slide View Buttons area is the Slide Show View button. Clicking on that slide view button fills your monitor with the current slide. This is how the slide would be viewed when giving the presentation.
You can browse through the slides in a presentation by in three ways. You can click the scroll arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bars or you can Click and Drag the scroll box to move to a specific slide.
To view previous or next slides in the presentation, you can use the Previous Slide or Next Slide Buttons located at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar. You can also press the Page Up or Page Down key to scroll slide by slide.
See also the Non-Linear PowerPoint Tutorials for a way to make a great user centered presentation.
PowerPoint Tutorials: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!