Using the PowerPoint Slide Master
This PowerPoint Slide Master tutorial explains how to create a new PowerPoint Slide Master from an existing one and then apply it to a slide or presentation.
You can change the look of all of the slides in your presentation when you create a new PowerPoint Slide Master. Slide Masters also known as Master Slides act like templates and define how slides are formatted. This is a good way to ensure a consistent look and feel to your presentation throughout.
The PowerPoint Slide Master
A PowerPoint slide master is an element of the design template that stores information about the template, including font styles, placeholder sizes and positions, background design, and color scheme information.
They also allow you to insert common elements on every slide, such as a common footer, slide number, copyright line, logo, or even pictures. If you want all of the slides in your presentation to use similar fonts, formatting, colors, and graphics, this is the best way to do this.
You may want to create a new Master instead of editing the existing one if you want to apply it only to selected slides or if you only plan to use it temporarily. You may also want to create a new Slide Master, and then apply it to the main Slide Master once you are sure of how you want it to look. This PowerPoint tutorial will show you how to accomplish that task.
Click View and then Click Task Pane
The Task Pane appears. Click on the Other Task Panes drop-down menu and select Slide Design. The Slide Design Task Pane appears. Click View. Click Master, Click Slide Master.
The Slide Master VIew toolbar and the list of Slide and Title Masters appear.
Click Insert. click Duplicate Slide Master. The Slide Master and Title Master are duplicated. the new Slide Master appears in the Slide Design Task Pane. Click Close Master View.
The Normal View of our presentation appears. Click the down arrow next to the new Slide Master. Click Apply to Selected slides. The new Slide Master is applied to your new slide.
You can apply the new slide master to all of your slides in your presentation by selecting Apply to All Slides. You can also make your new Slide Master the main Slide Master by clicking on Apply to Master.
If you want to start with a blank slide master, you can do that by clicking on New Slide Master instead of Duplicate Slide Master.
See also the Non-Linear PowerPoint Tutorial for a way to make a great user centered presentation.
PowerPoint Tutorial: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!