Using PowerPoint Design Templates
Email to a Friend
Creating a Presentation Based on Design
You can begin a new presentation, without any text, based on a PowerPoint design template. A design template is a blank presentation that has been professional designed with colors and graphics. You can use one of the PowerPoint design templates or you can create one of your own.
After you select the design template, you can choose an appropriate layout for each slide depending on the slide's content.
To create a presentation based on a design template, click on File > New. Then from the New Presentation Task Pane, select From Design Template.
A blank presentation opens and the Slide Design task pane appears, with thumbnails of a variety of design templates. The PowerPoint design templates are the same ones used by the AutoContent Wizard.
In the Slide Design task pane, you can scroll up and down to view all of the design templates that are available on your computer.
In the Slide Design task pane, point to a design template. The name of the design template appears as a Screen Tip, and a down arrow appears on the right side of the thumbnail. Click on the down arrow and a drop-down menu appears with options for how to apply the template to the slides in your presentation.
You can apply a PowerPoint design template to some of the slides or all of the slides in your presentation. You can also choose to view a larger thumbnail image of the design template.
Once you've applied a slide to design to your presentation, you can begin adding slides and choosing appropriate slide layouts from the Slide Layout task pane.
If later you decide that you want a different slide design for your presentation, you can go back to the Slide Design task pane and choose a different design to apply.
It's always best, however, if you choose your slide design early in the development of you presentation. Changing designs mid-stream may cause some layout problems on your slides. Not all designs have the same amount of screen space available for content, depending on how the template is arranged and graphics are used.
Once you save your presentation, the new slide design will be saved too.
See a related PowerPoint Tutorial:
In addition to learning to create your own design templates, you can also download and use our Free PowerPoint Templates
PowerPoint Tutorials: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
All other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
Guides and Tutorials - Free Technology Guides and Tutorials
© 2006 GuidesandTutorials.com
- All Rights Reserved