Create New PowerPoint Presentation
This Create New Presentation tutorial will review the many ways in which a PowerPoint presentation can be created. It will cover everything from creating a simple blank presentation to one that is created from your favorite photograph.
Create New PowerPoint Presentation
To create a new presentation, click File and New. The New Presentation Task Pane will appear on the right side of the window.
From the New Presentation Task Pane, click Blank Presentation. A new blank presentation will appear in the workspace and a single thumbnail appear in the Outline/Thumbnail pane. The Same New Presentation Task Pane is also used to create new presentations in several other ways.
Create a New Presentation from a Design Template
Click File, New. From the New Presentation Task Pane, click on From Design Template. The Task Pane will change to the Slide Design pane and thumbnails of slide designs will appear in the scrolling window.
Select a slide design that you like from the window and click on the thumbnail image. The design will be applied to the new presentation in the workspace. You will also see the new slide design in the thumbnail image in the Outline/Thumbnail pane. Your new presentation is now ready to begin adding slides.
Creating a New Presentation From the Auto Content Wizard
Another way to create a new presentation is to you the Auto Content Wizard. Select From AutoContent Wizard from the New Presentation Pane. A wizard will appear in the workspace and walk you through a series of questions about what kind of presentation you need.
Simply answer the questions and click next each time to move on to the next section. When the wizard is finished, it will build a presentation for you according to your responses to the questions. The presentation will include several slides already built into the presentation.
Create a New Presentation from a Photo or Album
Another way to create new presentation is to use the Create from Photo Album Tool. From the New Presentation Task Pane, click on Photo Album... The Photo Album dialog box will appear and ask you what picture you want to use for the presentation.
It will offer several options for the number of pictures you want to include on the slide and the amount of text boxes to use. When you are done making your selections, PowerPoint will build a slide design based upon the photo you selected.
The completed presentation design built from a photograph.
See also the Non-Linear PowerPoint Tutorials for a way to make a great user centered presentation.
PowerPoint Tutorials: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!