Editing an Excel Worksheet
This Free Editing an Excel Worksheet Tutorial will help you learn to use the Microsoft Excel 2003 Spreadsheet Program. This is part two of the Free Excel Tutorials and will show you how to edit information in worksheets.
These helpful pages will teach you how to put custom animations into your slides, add speaker notes and handouts, and use design templates to make a professional presentation. We will teach you how to choose color schemes, create exciting backgrounds, import text and charts from other programs, and play your slide show from your computer.
Click on a link to the left to go to the title of your choice. To return here, click the Home page.
Free Excel 2003 Tutorial: Enter and Work with Date Values and AutoComplete
Excel treats dates in your worksheets as values, not labels. The reason for this is to allow you to perform calculations and apply formulas to the dates. For example, you can deduct a certain number of days from a date and find the new date, ore you can add days to a date and calculate the new date.
After you've entered one date into a cell, Excel will automatically complete the date entry on subsequent cells. For example, in the image below, dates have already been entered into Column A. When you type in 2/24, Excel will automatically complete the date entry for you using the current year. Excel automatically assumes that all dates are from the current year.
Excel's AutoComplete feature helps speed up the data entry, especially if you're entering repetitive information.
You can enter dates in a variety of formats and Excel will understand that you are entering dates and will automatically complete them. In another lesson you'll learn how to change how dates are formatted.
As soon as you enter a few letters into a cell, Excel AutoComplete will take over and try to complete your entry based on what was entered in other cells. If it's what you want, simply hit the Enter key. If it's not, just keep on typing.
You can also use Excel's PickList feature to help you enter labels in your worksheet. The PickList is a list of labels that you've entered in other cells. You can right click in the cell and choose "Pick From Drop-down List" to see a list of options. If the entry you want is on the list, simply click on it to enter it into the cell.
Editing and Replacing Cell Contents
You can change or delete the contents of any cell at any time. To clear a cell, simply select the cell or range of cells you want to delete and press the Delete key. You don't have to clear a cell entry to enter new information. Instead, you can simply select the cell and begin typing. Your new information will replace what was in the cell.
There are a couple of ways to edit the contents of the cell. One way is to select the cell and then edit the contents in the Formula Bar. Another method is to double click the cell and then edit the cell contents directly in the selected cell. Either method causes Excel to go into Edit Mode and the Cancel and Enter buttons appear on the Formula Bar.
To Clear a Cell's Contents:
- Select the cell
- Press the Delete key
To Edit a Cell's Contents:
- Select the cell
- Click anywhere in the Formula Bar
- Edit the cell's contents
- Press Enter when you're finished editing the cell
Excel 2003 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!