Dreamweaver Tutorial: Importing Tabular Data
This Dreamweaver tutorial will show you how to import and export tabular data that has been created in another application such as Excel or other like programs and saved in a delimited text format. Any data that has been saved in a delimited file format, such as tab, comma, colons, or other delimiter, can be imported into Dreamweaver and formatted as a table.
You can also export a Dreamweaver table into a text file, with the contents of adjacent cells separated by a delimiter. You can use commas, colons, semicolons, or spaces as delimiters. When you export a table the entire table is exported into a delimited text file.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Importing Table Data
Because tables are best used for displaying tabular data, it's not surprising that Dreamweaver has an easy way to import such data. The data needs to be in the form of a delimited file such as a comma or tab delimited file. These are files that include the data separated by some character, such as a tab or a comma, or another delimeter.
To import tabular data into a table, place the insertion point where you want the table to appear.
Choose File > Import > Tabular Data or Choose Insert > Table Objects > Import Tabular Data.
Or from the Insert Menu > choose Insert > Table Objects > Import Tabular Data.
The Import Tabular Data dialog box appears. Click the Browse button to select the delimited data file. From the Delimiter pop-up menu, choose the delimiter character used in the data file. Your choices are Tab, Comma, Semicolon, Colon, and Other.
In the table width section, choose "Fit to Data" if you want the table to be just as wide as the data, or "Set to" if you want to specify the width of the table in pixels, or as a percentage of the screen width.
You can also enter values for Cell padding, Cell spacing, and the table border. You can also choose the format for the text in the top row of the table, which is usually a header row.
Click OK, and Dreamweaver reads the delimited text file and inserts it into your page as a formatted table.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Exporting Table Data
To export the data from a Dreamweaver table to a delimited text file, click and select that table. Then select File, Export, Table.
||1600 x 1200
||2048 x 1536
||2272 x 1704
||2592 x 1944
||2848 x 2136
|Individual file size
The Export Table dialog box appears.
In the Export Table dialog box, specify options for exporting the table. Click Export and the Export Table As dialog box appears asking you to give the exported file a name and place to save it on your computer.
Click Save the the data is exported to the file.
Give the file a name, navigate to where you want to save it, and click Save. Dreamweaver saves the table data as a delimited text file.
View a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!