Selecting Table Elements Dreamweaver 8
To work effectively with a table, you'll need to know how to select its elements. You can select an entire table; one or more rows and columns; an individual cell or multiple cells.
When you move your pointer over a table, row, column, or cell, Dreamweaver will highlight all the cells in that selection. If you click on the edge of the table, you will select it. You can tell that a table has been selected because it has a thick border around its edges with resize handles.
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial: Selecting a Table
There are several ways you can select an entire table at once. Click in the upper left corner of the table, anywhere on the top or bottom edge, or on a row or column border. The pointer changes to a table grid icon when you can select the table. When a table is selected, Selection handles appear on the table's lower and right edges. See the small black boxes in the diagram below.
Another way to select a table is to click in a table cell, then select the <table> tag in the tag selector at the lower-left corner of the Document window.
You can also click in a table cell, then select Modify, Table, Select Table.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Selecting Rows and Columns
You can select an individual row or column or multiple rows or columns. To select individual or multiple rows or columns, position the pointer to point to the left edge of a row or the top edge of a column. You'll see a small black arrow to indicate the row or column that you are about to select. When you click on the row or column, it will be selected as indicated by the black selection lines around it.
Do the same to select columns.
To select a single column, you can click the column header menu (the green arrow), and then choose Select Column from the pop-up menu.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Selecting Cells
To select a single cell, click in the cell, then select the <td> tag in the tag selector at the lower-left corner of the Document window.
You can also Control-click in Windows or Command-click in the cell on a Mac.
You can also click in the cell and then from the Edit menu, choose Select all.
To select multiple adjacent cells, you can click in one cell and drag from one cell to another, highlighting and selecting the adjacent cells as you go.
You can select nonadjacent cells by holding down the Control key on Window (Comman key on a Mac), and clciking in the cells you want to select. You can also select nonadjacent rows and columns.
See a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!