Dreamweaver Tutorial: Previewing Web Pages
To check to see what your Web pages will look like after adding text or images and other content, Dreamweaver provides a way to preview your Web pages in a browser. Dreamweaver's Document Window provides a near-browser view of your pages, but it's not exactly the same as how they will appear in different browsers. Every browser will render your pages slightly differently. What works well in one, may not display as well in another so it's important to test your web pages and all of the different browsers that your viewers might be using.
It's a recommended practice to check how web pages look and function in the typical browsers through which your users will be viewing your pages. Dreamweaver offers you easy access to as many as 20 different web browsers.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Adding a Browser to the Preview List
You can add a browser to the preview list by choosing File > Preview in Browser > Edit Browser List, or by choosing the Preview in Browser category from the Preferences dialog box.
Click the Add (+) button and fill out the following fields in the Add Browser dialog box:
- Name: When you choose the Browser application, Dreamweaver will automatically assign it a name. You can change it by typing in a new name here.
- Application: Type the path to the browser program or click the Browse button to locate the file that launches the browser application.
- Primary Browser/Secondary Browser: If you want, select one of these checkboxes to designate the current browser as the primary of secondary browser.
After you've added a browser to the list, you can easily edit or delete it. Simply reopen the Preview in Browser Preferences category and highlight the browser you want to modify or delete. After you finish your modifications, click OK to close the dialog box.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Previewing Web Pages
After you've added one or more browsers to your list, you can preview the current page in these browsers. Choose File > Preview in Browser, then choose the browser name from the list. Dreamweaver saves the file to a temporary page and launches the saved file in the specified browser.
Or you can view preview the web page by clicking on the Preview in Browser button on the Document toolbar. This brings up a pop-up menu with a list of the browser choices available on your computer.
View a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!