Dreamweaver Tutorial: Add Paragraphs and Headings
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Add Paragraphs
Almost all web pages include some type of text formatted in paragraphs. Much like a word processor, you can insert text by positioning the cursor in the Document Window and Dreamweaver and typing the text. Hit enter at the end of the paragraph and Dreamweaver adds a blank line after the text. Dreamweaver adds the following HTML source code to your paragraph of text:
<p>Your paragraph of text</p>
Note: The <p> is called an opening paragraph tag and the </p> is called a closing paragraph tag.
Any time text is added to a web page, the default text properties for font, size, alignment, and so forth is applied to the text. You can also change the formatting of the text in several ways including the use of the Properties Panel.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Add Headings
You can also create Headings on your web page. Dreamweaver changes the HTML tags in the source code from <p> tags to heading tags which are signified by <h1>, <h2>, <h3> and so forth.
Heading tags provide a way to organize your page with headings of various sizes to indicate relative importance or to provide a framework or outline for your page. See the code example below:
<h1>This is the heading surrounded by heading tags</h1>
This is what the <h1> heading tag looks like for this page.
In the headings above the size, font, color, and style are all formatted by a CSS page. But as you can see they get progressively smaller to indicate major topics, sub-topics, etc.
To add paragraphs and headings, click in the Document Window and type the paragraph text. Press enter at the end of each paragraph. For any text that you want to turn into a heading, right click on the paragraph you want to format and select the
See also Aligning Paragraphs and Headings.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Format a Heading
To format a heading, place the cursor in the paragraph containing the heading and do the same.
See these related Dreamweaver Tutorials:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!