Dreamweaver Tutorial: Setting Image Properties
Unless you used Photoshop or Fireworks or another image editing program to change an images size, you might have to make some adjustments to it after inserting it on your web page. In addition to changing the size of an image, there are several other properties that can be changed using the Property Inspector.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Giving an Image Alternate text
In the Document Window, select the image whose attributes you want to change.
In the Properties Inspector, type an alternative name for the image in the Alt box. This alternate name shows when a user holds the mouse pointer over the image and it's what the user sees if the user is viewing in a browser with images turned off. It is also the text that is read by screen readers for those who are sight disabled.
Dreamweaver Tutorials: Adjust the Image's Size
Resize an image by selecting it and then dragging one of the resizing handles. Drag the side handle to resize the width, the bottom handle to resize the height, and the corner handle to resize both.
You can more precisely adjust an image's size by changing the values in pixels in the width and height property in the Property Inspector.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Set the Image's Alignment
Open the Align list and select how to vertically or horizontally align the image with text, or within its layer, cell, or frame To align the image horizontally, click the Align Left, Align Center, or Align Right buttons.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Add a Border to an Image
To surround an image with a border on all four sides, enter a Border width in pixels. The color of the border is determined by the color of ordinary text in the surrounding vicinity or by a CSS file.
Here is the resulting image with a 1 pixel thick border around it.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Add Margins Around the Image
You usually don't want your text to be right up against the edge of an image, especially when wrapping text around an image. To add empty space along the left and right sides of the image enter a value in pixels under H Space (Horizontal Space). To add space along the top and bottom of an image, enter a value in pixels in the V Space (Vertical Space). Dreamweaver will create a margin with a width equal to the number of pixels you enter.
View a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!