Adjusting Image Contrast and Brightness in Dreamweaver
This Dreamweaver tutorial will demonstrate how to adjust image contrast and brightness using tools in Dreamweavers Property Inspector
Dreamweaver has several tools to edit an image after it has been placed on your Web page including the Cropping tool, the Sharpen tool, and others. The Brightness and Contrast tool lets you increase or decrease the brightness and contrast of your image. This is useful for minor tweaks to images once they have been inserted on your page. Increasing the brightness also has the effect of washing out the image and creates some interesting creative possibilities.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Adjusting Image Contrast and Brightness
Click on the image on your Web page that you want to adjust. In the Property Inspector, click on the Brightness and Contrast button in the Edit menu.
A warning box will appear notifying you that adjustments you make to brightness and contrast of an image will permanently alter the original source image. You can undo your adjustments, but once the image is saved and you exit Dreamweaver, the changes to the original image become permanent.
The Brightness/Contrast dialog box will appear. Use the sliders to increase or decrease the brightness or contrast. As you move the sliders the numbers in the white boxes will indicate the percenage change you are applying to the image.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: Adjusting Brightness and Contrast
Adjust Brightness by moving the slider left to decrease the brightness and right to increase it. Decreasing it by almost 100% results in an almost black image. The Brightness and Contrast adjustments work in tandem with each other. If you don't want to adjust one, leave it in the center or zero position on the slider.
Increasing the Brightness to 100 results in a washed-out image.
: It is still recommended that you should perform edits or adjustements to your images using a dedicated image editing program such as Photoshop CS2 , Adobe Photoshop Elements,
or Fireworks rather than the image editing tools in Dreamweaver. Use the tools in Dreamweaver as a last resort if you don't have a true image editing program.
View a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!