Formating Tables and Cells in Dreamweaver
You can change the appearance of tables by setting various table properties for the table and its cells or by applying a preset design to the table.
Many of the table properties can be viewed and changed in Property Inspector with the table or cell selected.
Dreamweaver Tutorial: View and Set Table Properties
1. Select a table, cell, row,or column.
2. In the Property Inspector, click the the expander selector in the lower right corner to see all the properties.
In the Property Inspector, you'll see table properties for the following:
||Table ID is an ID for the table.
||The number or rows in the table
||The number of columns in the table
||The width of the table in pixels, or as a percentage of the browser window's width.
||The height of the table in pixels, or as a percentage of the browser window's height. You usually don't need to set the height of a table.
||Cell Padding is the number of pixels between a cell's content and the cell boundaries. If Cell Padding is not specified, by default, Dreamweaver sets it to 1 pixel.
||Cell Spacing is the number of pixels between adjacent table cells. If Cell Spacing is not specified, by default, Dreamweaver sets it to 2 pixels.
Align determines where the table appears, relative to other elements in the same paragraph.
Left - aligns the table to the left of other elements so that text will wrap around the table to the right.
Right - aligns the table to the right of other elements with text wrapping around it to the left.
Center - aligns the table in the center with text appearing above and below the table.
Default - indicates that the browser should use its default alignment.
Note: If you want to display other content next to a table, use the Left or Right alignment.
||Border specified the width, in pixels, of the table's borders.
||Bg Color is the table's background color.
||Bg Image specified the image to use for the table background image.
||Brdr Color is the color for the table's borders.
|Clear Column Widths
||This button deletes all explicitly specified column width values
|Clear Row Heights
||This button deletes all explicitly specified row heights
|Convert Table Widths to Pixels
||This button sets the width of each column in the table to its current width in pixels.
|Convert Table Height to Pixels
||This button sets the height of each column in the table to its current width in pixels.
|Convert Table Widths to Percent
||This button sets the width of each column in the table to its current width expressed as a percentage of the Document window's width.
|Convert Table Heights to Percent
||This button sets the height of each column in the table to its current width expressed as a percentage of the Document window's width.
View a related Dreamweaver Tutorial:
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!