Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial Insert Toolbar
This Dreamweaver 8 Insert Toolbar tutorial will demonstrate how to use the Insert Toolbar.
Dreamweaver 8 Insert Tutorial Insert Toolbar
You will spend much of your time developing web pages by inserting text, graphics, and other elements into your web page. The Insert Toolbar provides many buttons that insert elements into your Web page. The Dreamweaver 8 Insert toolbar provides too many buttons to display on the toolbar at once, so the buttons are divided into categories (common, text, forms, HTML, application, layout, flash elements, and favorites) and one category is displayed at a time.
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial: Using the Insert Toolbar
The Insert toolbar can be formatted with a button that displays a menu of categories or with tabs across the top of the tool bar that display the categories. To display the buttons from a particular category, click on a category from the drop-down menu. When you click a category, the button display changes to the selected category.
You can change the toolbar format from buttons to tabs by clicking on the categories drop-down menu and selecting Show as Tabs.
The buttons will change to tabs across the top of the Insert Toolbar.
You can insert elements into your Web page by clicking buttons or by dragging the buttons into the Document window. When the Insert toolbar is formatted with tabs for each category, as it is in the figure below, it behaves like a panel. You can collapse and expand it by clicking on the panel name.
You can also float the Insert toolbar by grabbing it in the upper left corner and dragging it to a new location on the screen. The cursor will change to two crossed lines with arrows indicating that it can be moved.
- This set of objects contains those that are most commonly used such as links and images.
- This set includes tables, divs, layers, and frames: all objects that let you describe how you want to layout your page.
- The forms set includes form elements such as text fields, buttons, and check boxes.
- The text set lets you style text that's on the page. The Property Inspector at the bottom of the Dreamweaver workspace, however, is a better place to do this.
- The HTML set allows you to insert HTML objects such as tables, frames and scripts.
- If you using external data sources with middleware software such as PHP, ASP, or ColdFusion, you'll use the Application set. For normal static Web page development, you won't use this.
- This set holy holds one object, the Flash image viewer.
- The Favorites category begins empty. You can customize it by adding your own button to the features you use most frequently.
See other tutorials at Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
Dreamweaver 8 Tutorials
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!