Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
In this Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial you'll learn how to Create PDFs from MS Office documents, Create PDFs from other files, Create PDFx from multiple files, Create PDFs from web pages, Save and Print PDFs and Edit PDFs.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a file format developed by Adobe. PDF allows you to capture formatting information from a variety of desktop publishing applications such as MS Word, Publisher, and other applications. Converting a document to PDF makes it possible to send it and have them appear on the recipient's monitor or printer exactly as they were intended even if the recipients machine is doesn't have the same applications or fonts installed.
To view a PDF document, you need the free Adobe Reader application distributed by Adobe.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial: Creating a PDF Document from Microsoft Office
You can easily create a PDF version of any Microsoft Office application such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and others. Begin by first opening your document in Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. Then click the Office button and choose Save As, and click the PDF or XPS option.
Your Save Options will pop up
You can choose to save the PDF, based on if it will be published online, or also in print. By clicking Options, you can choose to save a PDF file of all the pages in your document, just a few, or the current page only. You can also use the bookmarking feature in Acrobat to create bookmarks that can be used to separate the document into chapters or sections.
Choose the options you'd like to save the PDF document as and click OK.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial: Create a PDF from Any File Type
Open Adobe Acrobat and from the menu options at the top of the window, choose File > Create PDF> From File
A window will pop up that allows you to browse the files on your computer drive. Locate the file you would like to turn into a PDF document.
When you select the file, Acrobat will open the program your file originated from and take a copy of it and then create a converted PDF file. The PDF file should open once the conversion is completed.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial: Create a PDF from Multiple Files
To convert multiple files into a PDF document, choose File> Create PDF> From Multiple Files if you're using Adobe Acrobat 9. If you're using Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional, look fro Merge Files into a Single PDF. Using this option, you may add other files to your current Acrobat file browse and change the order in which the files will appear. Again you'll have the option to choose between a small, default, and large file size for the new PDF document, depending on how you're going to use it.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial: Create a PDF from a Webpage
To create brand new PDF document from a webpage, go to File> Create PDF> From Web Page. To add pages to an open PDF document, go to Advanced> Web Capture> Create PDF From/Append Web Page. Append means it will add the file to the end of the existing PDF document.
Provide the web page URL or click to Browse to find the page.
Choose the number of levels you would like to retrieve. A level is defined by how many links you must press to get to a certain page.
You can choose either "Stay on the same path," which chooses only pages that follow from the URL you specified, or "Stay on the same server," which would include only those web pages that are located on the same server as your URL.
If you would like to change the PDF settings, such as the Page Format, choose the "Settings" button and adjust the document as you see fit.
When you're done with these settings, click "Create".
All Other Guides and Tutorials
- Guides and Tutorials Blog
- Listing of the latest tutorials published on the GuidesandTutorials website.
- GuidesandTutorials: Audacity Tutorial - Record and Edit Audio
- This Audacity tutorial will show you how to use the basic tools and procedures in the open source audio editing program, Audacity. Not just screen shots, but free narrated multimedia tutorials - You'll learn to use Audacity for recording and editing audio files that can be used for podcasting, mixing music and vocals, creating sound tracks, and other audio projects.
- Audacity Tips & Tricks
- Audacity tips and tricks submitted by users
- Digital Photography Guide
- This Digital Photography Guide will provide you with the basic information you need to take professional quality photogrphs with your digital camera.
- GuidesandTutorials: Dreamweaver Tutorial
- Dreamweaver Tutorial - this series of free Dreamweaver tutorials is just what you need to get up and running with Dreamweaver to create interesting and compelling web sites
- GuidesandTutorials: Microsoft Excel 2003 Tutorial
- This Excel 2003 Tutorial will introduce you to the basics of using the Excel 2003 spreadsheet program. You'll learn to create a spreadsheet, basic Excel workbook skills, work with cells, enter and manipulate data, apply formulas, format data, create and work with charts, and manage Excel workbooks.
- Podcasting Tutorial
- This Podcasting tutorial includes a step by step guide that will show you how to record, publish and promote your podcast. Using inexpensive equipment and free software, you'll be publishing podcasts in no time.
- PowerPoint Tutorial - Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
- This PowerPoint tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use PowerPoint 2003 to create effective and engaging presentations.
- The PowerPoint 2007 Window
- This PowerPoint 2007 tutorial will show you the features and how to get around the PowerPoint Window.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free PowerPoint Templates
- Free PowerPoint templates that you can download and use today. This is a growing library of free resources for PowerPoint users.
- LCD Projector Guide and Tutorial
- This LCD Projector Guide will assist you in the use and purchase of a digital LCD projector or DLP projector. It will discuss the differences between LCD and DLP projectors, size and portability considerations, lamp types and brightness, resolution, image quality and other considerations in the use and purchase of a digital projector.
- Word Tutorial: Microsoft Word 2003
- This Word tutorial is just what you need to learn how to use Word 2003 to create professional looking documents.
- Word 2007 Workspace
- This Microsoft Word 2007 Workspace tutorial will acquaint you with the new tools and features in the Word 2007 Window. It's changed significantly from previus versions and even experienced users will find this helpful.
- Work at Home Jobs
- This Work at Home Jobs tutorial will provide information on ways that you can put your skills and knowledge to use in creating part or full time income while working from home.
- Guides and Tutorials: Free Guides and Tutoials Site Map
- Free guides and tutorials on podcasting, digital video and audio, Audacity, RSS, multimedia development, educational technology, technology integration, K12 Technology, PowerPoint.
- Suggest a New Technology Tutorial
- Free Technology Tutorials on software and technology applications including PowerPoint tutorials, Podcasting tutorials, Dreamweaver tutorials, Audacity, Non-Linear PowerPoint, Digital Photography, RSS tutorial, and everything educational technology.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial
- This Adobe Acrobat 9 Tutorial will show you how to create PDFs from MS Office applications, from Multipe files, from web pages and from several other types of documents.
- GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- Free Tutorials, software, hardware, and technology applications including PowerPoint, Podcasting, Dreamweaver, Audacity,
- Excel 2007 Tutorial | GuidesandTutorials: Free Tutorials
- This free Excel 2007 Tutorial will show you how to use all of the begginer and intermediate features in Excel 2007
This site proudly build with Site Build It!